The General Data Protection Act (GDPA – in Dutch ‘Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming’ or AVG) came into force on 25 May 2018. The GDPA contains new privacy rules with the main aim of protecting your personal data even better.
How does this effect you?
PSIM is fully committed to processing data securely and transparently. We will act with integrity and protect the personal and confidential information of others. This statement sets out, in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the types of data that we collect, hold and process on you. It also sets out how we use your information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
This Privacy Statement is applicable to personal data submitted through painseinceinmotion.org website (hereinafter – the “Website”). This website is managed by the PSIM organisation, acting as a data controller. Your personal data are processed as described in this Privacy statement. We, therefore, ask you to read it carefully before communicating any of your data through this website.
Definitions and interpretation
In this statement, the following terms shall have the following meanings: “personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person, who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and “we/us/our” means the PSIM Organisation.
What does this statement cover?
This statement applies to your use of and the personal data you deliver and/or we collect through this website. The website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before accessing them.
What data do we collect?
You may provide personally identifiable information (“personal data”) about yourself when you register for our PSIM event on our website (name, e-mail address, phone number etc). Persons that are under 18 years old are not allowed to register to our event.
Where we collect your data?
Personal data that is sent via Contact and/or Registration forms are directly received in our emailbox. For any questions or removal requests you can contact us at gro.noitomniecneicsniap@ofni
How will we use information about you?
We process personal data for the sole purposes of PSIM event, namely:
- For the correct registration of your participation for the PSIM event.
- For the organization, management and functioning of this website;
- For replying to queries submitted via our email address;
Where is your data stored?
Your data is safely stored on the server of TransIP, the host provider of this website which is located in The Netherlands. We always apply strict security measures. In the exceptional case that personal data is transferred to organisations from countries outside the European Union, we will ensure that your privacy remains appropriately protected.
Sharing your data
Your data will only be shared with:
- People directly working for the PSIM organisation in order to reply to your event registration request;
- Parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our services.
Nor shall it be passed on, transmitted or sold to third parties outside PSIM organisation unless you have expressly consented to it.
Protecting your data
The PSIM organisation has appropriate security measures to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, used, altered or accessed in an unauthorised way. We also limit access of your data to colleagues and other third parties who have a business need to know. All these parties are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we keep your data for?
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it for and this will depend on the subject of your request. Overall, your personal data will be stored for a period as short as possible but minimum for the period required for the organisation of the PSIM event.
The PSIM website uses the following cookies on the website:
- Strictly necessary cookies;
- Statistics cookies;
Plug-ins and tools
This website uses the mapping service Google Maps, via an API, in order to present the online content in an appealing manner and to make the locations of the event and hotels disclosed on our website easy to find. Maps API v3 does not rely on the exchange of cookies with Google. This improves both the security of the API, and the performance on bandwidth constrained networks.
During (public) events of PSIM, photos and videos can be taken that will be published on our website at a later time and/or on social channels. If you don’t want a photo or video with you recognisable in it, to be published you can contact us before or during the event about this.
Your rights in relation to your data
Under the GDPR you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. These are:
- The right to be informed. This means that we must tell you how we use your data, and this is the purpose of this Privacy statement.
- The right of access. You have the right to access the data that we hold on you.
- The right for any inaccuracies to be corrected. If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to require us to correct it.
- The right to have information deleted. If you would like us to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask us to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for us to continue processing it.
- The right to restrict the processing of the data. For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct.
- The right to portability. You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes.
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information. You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the data that you had previously given us consent to use. There will be no consequences for withdrawing your consent. However, in some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so.
What rights do you have?
You have the right to lodge a complaint to our organisation if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal data. If you have any questions about this Privacy statement or how we handle your personal information, please contact us at: gro.noitomniecneicsniap@ofni